Glowing, dewy skin is incredibly popular right now. To me, achieving glowing skin is not simply where to apply highlighter, it's about boosting your skin's health so you glow from the inside out. It's going by the motto, "Skin first, makeup second, smile always," (thanks Glossier).
Skincare Tips For Glowing Skin
- Facial massage/ jade rolling - I've been all about jade rolling recently. It boosts your skin's circulation to provide better blood flow to your facial tissues giving you plump, healthy skin. I'll have an in-depth post about jade rolling soon so stay tuned!
- I got my really nice jade roller here, don't get one on amazon, the one I got was v sketchy.
- Exfoliation - Keeping your skin's cell turnover going requires it to be exfoliated every now and then. Natural skin turnover can be a bit uneven, so a weekly exfoliating mask is the best way to keep new skin cells generating.
- I use Bobbi Brown's Radiance Boost Mask once or twice a week.
- Hydrating Serum - I highly recommend adding a good serum to your beauty routine. Serums hit your skin with nourishing shit right after cleansing so it soaks in before anything else.
- Moisturizer - After serum you MUST use a moisturizer. Duh. But not all moisturizers are created equal - use one with hyaluronic acid and added vitamins for an intense, glow-boosting hydration.
- Internal Hydration!!! - Drink water with lemon for max skin hydration from the inside out
Makeup Faves for Glowing Skin
As we have discussed, its skin first, makeup second. Makeup is the final touch for a glowing complexion.
- Hydrating foundation with SPF - Chanel CC Cream is literally my everything. It is hydrating, blurs imperfections, and has SPF 50 in it. My other go-to is Bobbi Brown's Intensive Skin Serum Foundation because it is made with HALF of my fave serum and its SPF 40.
- Illuminating bronzer - I really love this cream bronzer from Chanel which happens to be a cult fave of makeup artists, but my daily go-to is the Pixi Beauty Bronzer in Summertime. Its illuminating without being sparkly and glowy without being wet-looking. Perf. And its less than $20.
- Glowing cheeks - My fave blush by far has to be Glossier's Cloud Paint in Puff. It is buildable, a little goes a LONG way, and it is made with skin-loving ingredients like collagen that plump your skin with hydration.