My Current Beauty Travel Essentials
Y'ALL... I feel as if I've been all over the world this summer. I was in Paris all of June then California, North Carolina x2 and all over Texas for July - I haven't been home for more than four days in a row. I have NEVER traveled so much in my life and I weirdly kind of love it. Living out of a carry-on has forced me to parse down all my crap into the true essentials. Don't get me wrong, I adore all of my crap, but I can't tell you how freeing it is to know that you don't need as much stuff as you think you do.
For my makeup and skincare travel essentials, I only have two requirements. First, they have to be less than 3.5 oz so I can take them in my carry on and avoid the nightmare of getting my checked bag lost (happened in NY three years ago and I am still not over it). Second, they have to be good quality because duh. I found almost all of my beauty travel essentials at Sephora in the "dangerous zone of tiny products" right before the check out counter. This zone gets me EVERY TIME because all of the minis are too damn cute to pass by. I know you know what I'm talking about. You can find some fab little travel-sized goodies there, or even just minis to try before you splurge on the full-sized version.
I've linked my fave travel essentials in the "shop the post" section at the bottom where you can buy them online as well as explained where I got each one in store!
- Chanel CC Cream - (Nordstrom) My go-to foundation happens to be carry-on size! This tinted beauty balm is awesome because it has nice coverage without being too cakey. It is moisturizing and great for sensitive skin.
- Bobbi Brown Mini Medium Bronzer - (Found at Sephora's "dangerous zone of tiny products") This bronzer is teeny, yet super potent - perfect for a quick & easy glow on the go.
- Bobbi Brown Smoky Eye Mini Mascara - (Sephora's danger zone) A mini version of one of my fave mascaras.
- Glossier Cloud Paint in Puff - (glossier.com) This blush is perfect because all you need is your fingertips for perfect application.
- Sonia Kashuk Brush - (Target) I love these brushes. I think they are not only better but also half the price of the Sephora brushes.
- Foreo Play - (Sephora's danger zone) This is my favorite little facial cleansing brush!! It vibrates for a deep clean and helps speed up cell turnover for a youthful glow.
- Mario Badescu Cucumber, Aloe and Green Tea Facial Spray in 2oz size - (Ulta's "dangerous zone of tiny products") This spray is the perfect pick-me-up for dry, dull post-flight skin. It is full of soothing ingredients and smells like heaven.
- Glossier Super Bounce Serum - (glossier.com) The best hyaluronic acid serum I've ever come across. Remember when I raved about it a few weeks ago in the Glossier post? Still obsessed.
- Fresh Soy Face Cleanser - (Sephora's danger zone) Clean and soft skin are always a must and this little cleanser gives you just that. It is loaded with amino acids and is super gentle on even sensitive skin.
- Living Proof Travel Trio - (Sephora's danger zone! Told you I went a little cray there.) A haircare fave in a mini version!